Friday, March 28, 2008

Stephen Curry Blurs the Line

I don't remember Stephen Curry showing up on many ESPN broadcasts this season, but he's clearly become the star of the NCAA Tournament. I know daddy Dell turned his shooting touch into a lengthy NBA career, but this kid seems to be a cut above. I loved the little twisting flip shot he did in the second half that sucked the life out of Wisconsin (and I'm a Badger fan).

I can never figure out, though, how teams like Davidson--winning streak and all--can get so hot at this time of year that they pound on Big Ten and Big East teams and can't catch a sniff of respect from those who vote in the polls. The line between 'majors' and 'mid majors' and 'low majors' just doesn't exist for me anymore. Western Kentucky hangs with UCLA. Xavier a step from the Final Four? If I'm a high school player, I've got a lot of options at this moment in time.

No comments: